netmeister.org - miscellaneous
- We're Doing It Wrong -- What DevOps Needs To Learn In Order To Scale Up - given at DevOpsDays NYC on 2013-01-17 [video]
- Safely Drinking from the Data Waterhose - An ignite talk about how Etsy extracts security related events and alerts from their logs. Given at DataGotham on 2012-09-13 and repeated at DevOpsDays NYC on 2013-01-17[slideshare link]
- PGP for Smarties - An introduction of PGP, Public Key Cryptography and the Web of Trust, given at Etsy on 2012-09-05 [slideshare link]
- Down with the fancy pants! How people have been optimizing the wrong things and increased complexity. - A discussion of complexity in infrastructure architecture, presented at Velocity 2012 on 2012-06-27 [slideshare link] [accompanying interview]
- There's no place like ::1 - An IPv6 basics session given at Etsy on 2012-06-01 [slideshare link]
- Useless Use Of... This and
That, an updated version of my earlier
talk, given at NYCBug in May
2012 [audio here]
- Of Headless User Accounts and Restricted Shells,
;login, The USENIX Magazine, December 2011
- Headless Host Scanning -- a
talk I gave at Twitter in April 2011 about scanmaster and
sigsh and how to scan hundreds of thousands of
hosts in minutes.
- L3DSR -- Overcoming Layer 2 Limitations of Direct Server Return Load Balancing, NANOG 51, January 2011
- Teaching System Administration in the Cloud, ;login, The USENIX Magazine, October 2010
- Building Better Tools -- a talk on how system engineers and administrators, the people who maintain the infrastructure of the internet and who write a lot of code without (usually) having any training in software engineering practices, can improve their tools. Originally given at NYCBug in June 2009 (audio).
- DST '07 @ Yahoo! -- a presentation on how changes in Daylight Saving Time were handled at Yahoo!; Originally given at BayLISA in May 2007. [Video]
- Useless Use of * -- a presentation originally given at SCALE 2007.
- Pondering Live CDs [slides] -- a paper presented at BSDCan 2006
- NetBSD/Soc -- Google's Summer of Code within NetBSD -- a presentation given at NYCBug.
- pkgsrc - The NetBSD Packages
Collection -- a presentation given at NYCBug.
NetBSD/Desktop - Scalable Workstation Solutions [slides]
-- presented at EuroBSDCon 2004.
[home] | [email@example.com]